Friday, August 15, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness-A Countdown to my 10th Wedding Anniversary #26

26. Today I am thankful for help. I often want to be independent and find it difficult to ask for help, but I really enjoy helping others. I believe others enjoy helping me and slowly I've been able to accept help when I'm desperate.
I also feel that God is trying to get me to give up control-especially things I could not control but want to-and so I am at a point where I have asked for and am receiving help in a great void of control in my life.
It is through helping others that we receive intrinsic rewards-the kind that will not be taken away from us when we die.
I hope that I help others when they need it, instead of shrugging my shoulders and walking away. That I will always be available if someone should need help. That Dave and I will manage our resources of time, energy, money, in a reasonable manner so that we can help to the best of our abilities. Others have been at that point and have helped us.
So yes, I am thankful for help.
"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." Psalm 54:4

No comments:

Post a Comment