Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness-A Countdown: #20



20. I am thankful for failure. I am glad that we have to work at things and are not instantly successful at all things. For the mastery of skill comes out of multiple attempts. A piano piece committed to memory can be lost if not kept in practice-as can a foreign language.
Trained muscles lose their tone when not kept in training.
Few things will be "always", but working at something until you get it brings a deep satisfaction that has no external value. It's not available on Amazon. I am helping my husband on our Project Touring Barracuda, and our brake system is still working out its bubbles.
I am getting time with him while we tackle the challenge together. We have understanding of a shared foe.
Our teamwork is part of our success. We have to problem-solve our many parenting challenges/failures, and our bond is deeper because of it.
This is why I am thankful for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment