Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness-A countdown. #24

24. Today I am thankful for teaching. One of my first piano students dropped by before leaving town for college. She was nine and received lessons for Christmas/her birthday.
I have learned so much through teaching and love the mentoring I've had one-on-one with so many bright young people!
Group teaching is rewarding and challenging in different ways and I enjoy it as well.
I love being able to affirm people and to help them see value in themselves and their abilities. To be able to solve problems and the satisfaction of grasping a difficult concept or skill--and the reward of perseverance and mastery!
Oh how rewarding to see parents at a Christmas recital or concert and show them what their student was capable of!
And that is why I am thankful for teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment