Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness-A Countdown: #9


9. Today I am thankful for time. I had time today. My girls got out of bed on time, got dressed on time, ate breakfast and we had time left to do their hair nicely for their first day of the school year.
All three of my girls were in their classrooms today and did okay with the separation, but I was at the school in case my youngest didn't do okay. This gave me time to help with some tasks that were not finished.
It is so nice to have time, to take time, it is a gift that we all receive daily. We all get the same amount of time, but we must choose how we use it.
There are days where I feel I have wasted my time sitting at the computer scrolling down the news feed and other days where I feel that my time on Facebook "instant messaging" a friend has been well spent.
An hour on the telephone with a friend or family member that I am separated from by distance is precious time. Webcam is even more valuable.
Though people told me to enjoy the little years because they go by so fast, I am relieved to be done with the infant stage. I'm now getting to enjoy all three personalities, to know them as people!
So today, I am thankful for time.

No comments:

Post a Comment