Sunday, September 7, 2014

Thirty Days of Thankfulness-A Countdown: #4


4. Today I am thankful for the privilege of being a wife. Not just a girlfriend, a roommate, but a wife. Of all women in the world, Dave has committed his entire life, heart, body to me and me alone. The depth of our friendship has grown to a point that I could not have comprehended on our wedding day 10 years ago.
We have had some tests and they have challenged and strengthened our commitment to working out everything. There is such security and trust, with transparency.
I have great confidence as a woman because he pours love into me. He prays for me and our girls daily, he sends me little messages during the day to let me know he's thinking of me.
He is the spiritual leader, but we work as a balanced team.
I love him with all of me and truly our marriage is richer today than any Disney fairytale I ever watched as a child.
Due to our relationship, I have a better understanding of Jesus' love for me and how to grow my relationship with Him and His unwavering love and acceptance for me.
(Loved me when I was 10 months pregnant and found me even more lovely!)
So many more I won't list but I am abundantly thankful today for the privilege of being a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment