Saturday, April 4, 2020

Now: Five Minute Friday

The prompt is “Now”. You get one word and five minutes to write whatever comes to mind. Go!
FMF link!!

I don’t like to sit still. I am always looking ahead. Turning the calendar to the next month thrills me. I am always happy to help turn that page when my friends are a week behind because it doesn’t bother them.
God has a plan for me and I am slowly accepting it.
It’s called “Now”.
I am not enjoying it.
He is asking me to slow down and look at today. What can I see right now that He can do through me to speak to hearts needing to hear His reassurance?
We have a lot of transitions at my school-potentially merging with the other large Christian school in town. There has been so much uncertainty about the future and this has compounded it.
I have no idea what my future holds next year and if I will be classroom teaching the subjects I have previously taught and God has been prying gently every single bit of control from my chubby toddler hands. He is also asking me to empty my pockets.
I have stuffed my pockets full of little things I delight in controlling.
He is reminding me that this is the time to look for Him NOW, not in the future. This is our time. Each day, we are sharing the good news. Especially as tomorrow is Palm Sunday. “Hosanna” means “Lord save us.”
How fitting that we cry it out each Easter.

I am grateful He has been using the words of others’ posts and writing out the clouds in my head so I can see clearly.

-Tammy
My bilingual Bible: we are studying James and even here we have the “corona” in my mind. 😂

We had to go to our room to host our Bible study via Google Hangouts 

Same passage in English...

Self-covering for a grocery trip. Strange days we live in!!

4 comments:

  1. Life surely has been unexpectedly turned upside down. Good reminder not to take things for granted or put things off (which I am guilty of doing too often).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your time reading here. I appreciate you.
      -Tammy

      Delete
  2. So good to see you, even looking like a member of an outlaw gang!

    Life is getting stranger,
    straight out of Dante's hells,
    and I'd prefer the danger
    of facing down cartels.
    I'd rather have an enemy
    at whom I'd gladly shoot;
    pandemic seems eternity,
    and my skills are really moot,
    except that I know how to wait
    and how to slow my brain,
    and though the process isn't great,
    I'm not waiting in a drain
    full of garbage, algae, human waste
    that trickles through my skin...to taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew!
      What a great poem.
      And I'm glad you're not in a drain, though this waiting is draining in a different way.
      -Tammy

      Delete