Monday, December 9, 2019

Faithful

It's not Friday. I'm not spending five minutes typing.
But, I'm here to share. God is good.
He is answering prayers.
I shared with my chapel students last week some entries from a prayer journal my girls and I began in December 2018. We stopped writing our prayers and answers after I went to Guatemala. God didn't stop answering our prayers, but I kept no record. We have begun to write again.
And? I am thankful. Oh how He loves to defeat cancer in the people around us! Hallelujah!
(and sometimes, He doesn't defeat it on Earth. He takes those people to Heaven where death has no reach. We have had those people around us as well.)
My challenge to you? Write your prayers. Keep a record of the conversations you have to our faithful God. Then, mark the answered ones.

God keeps using Scripture to confirm His voice to me. Most recently? Psalm 5:12. The word Shield was on my mind during worship. I was writing down thoughts and my pen took over and wrote that word. Then on the slides of the Pastor's Power Point? "Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
    you surround them with your favor as with a shield."

Then, at school reading through my "199 Promises of God" devotional book (which is not linked to any date or order), we read that exact verse as the verse of the day just after that morning. It took my breath away. I gave testimony of God using that exact verse. I shared it with all five of the classes I teach that day. 


Demo photo credit from Dayspring website. See the rainbow behind the date?
That's on EVERY page and I didn't even notice!!

Today, a similar occurrence. I had ordered a perpetual calendar, "Promises of God". I didn't even notice but the cover had a rainbow. Often this school year, friends send me pictures of rainbows via text message or tag me on social media. It happens on Monday nights often when I seem to be feeling low. Today, that calendar arrived and today's passage was the exact passage dealing with Rest that our Pastor preached on yesterday and there was a rainbow on the page (and my friend texted me two rainbows from West Florida). Just a couple days ago my friend in LA also texted me pictures of a rainbow.
God is really trying to reassure me that He's with me. The passage? Matthew 11:28-29.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
He spoke in service how rest is operating in Jesus' way. In His job, His marriage, His plans, His finances, His victories. Then you are working WITH Him and it really is easy and light! 

I was not applying this yesterday afternoon/evening. And I became weary and burdened quickly. My poor husband is away on business and he got the full load of my emotions last night and a little more this morning. (He's trying to help me fix something on the car from a distance and I'm underqualified and don't have my head around the concept. I'm totally capable but doubt my abilities.)
Anyway, that rainbow and that devotional really got my attention (finally, right?!) tonight. He's got this. I need to TRUST Him fully.
Whew.

Anyway, those are some of the ways God is at work and speaking to me. Is He speaking to you? I'd love to hear about it!!
Love,
Tammy


1 comment:

  1. I said to God, I'm truly done,
    I've had more than enough,
    and He replied, "Stuff it, son,
    I need you to be really tough.
    I need you to live out the grace
    that My Boy gave for free,
    and to wear a humble face,
    and accept on bended knee."
    So I knelt, and so I prayed,
    and so I gave my life
    to Him what said that I ain't dead,
    even though I'd take the knife.
    Cancer's a killer, yeah, fersure,
    but after that...there is more.

    ReplyDelete