Thursday, May 21, 2015

Rise: Five Minute Friday

This week I'm so excited to join up on the Five Minute Friday linkup. And? Honored to have a video interview that was a "five minute interview" on as well. Asheritah from onethingalone.com is gracious enough to host video interviews, trim them and place them for us to grow in fellowship and community.

This week's prompt is "Rise".
The prompt immediately brought two songs to mind as I weekly volunteer leading/teaching chapel at our private school for preschool through grade 5.

"Rise and Sing" was from our summer Vacation Bible School but we used it all school year as well. Cut and paste is my friend for the lyrics tonight.

"If you're alive and you've been redeemed, rise and sing, rise and sing!
If you've been touched by the mercy king, rise and sing, rise and sing!
"Whoa-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o"
"Our God is risen and reigning and we're elevating the glory of our God and King,
everybody rise and sing!"
"If you were bound but now you're free, rise and sing, rise and sing!
Lift up a SHOUT of victory, rise and sing, rise and sing!"

(repeat choruses and verses at will)

The second song was the anthem for our Elementary and was the close of their spring concert.
"We are the Free" by Matt Redman



"We’re the forgiven, singing redemption's song
There's a fire that burns inside
A fire that burns inside
Nothing can stop us
We’ll be running through the night
With a fire that burns inside
A fire that burns inside

(Chorus) We are the free, the freedom generation
      Singing of mercy
      You are the One who set us all in motion
      Yours is the glory
      There’s a fire in our hearts and it burns for You
      It’s never gonna fade away
      We are the free, and Yours is the glory

We are the risen, living alive in You
And our passion will not die
No, our passion will not die
Nothing can stop us
We’ll be running through the night
And our passion will not die
No, our passion will not die

(Bridge) Up from the grave You rose again
      Up from the grave You rose and we will Rise up, rise up
      Into the world that You so love
      Into the world we go and we will Rise up, rise up



Truly, I believe that the children we are raising now (I'm a mom to an 8, 6 and 4 year old after birthdays this year) are the warrior generation. They are labeled as stubborn, obstinate, strong-willed, but God is raising up leaders and warriors. We peacemaker parents are a little blindsided by the fire inside but it's God's fire. The kids are black-and-white thinkers because there will be no room for compromise when it comes to faith in their adulthood.

What a privilege to be trusted to raise up these warriors and teach them to pray-to recognize God's voice. To teach them to memorize God's words (their swords). And even more so we should be praying and memorizing His word ourselves to get us prepared for this job.

Do you feel the passion stirring inside you? Are you ready to rise up and fight for God's battles? Oh, and if you didn't read Ann Voskamp's blog on Isis this week-you must. It is a difficult reality to face, but there is always Hope in God's redemption. We can partner there. I'll wait for you.

Rise up, you have God's Spirit inside of you-the same Spirit that gave Jesus his power on Earth.
~Tammy


16 comments:

  1. Tammy, I enjoyed your post and the songs, how fun! But I really enjoyed getting to see your little video and feel like I've met you now. Thanks for the encouragement to just keep using our gifts and writing for God's glory...all I have to give is what I have, and it's up to him to use it for His Kingdom! I've been really discouraged in this area lately, so thanks for your words - they were God's words to me today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy,
      I'm so glad to encourage you! You are so effective and our enemy would gladly persuade you otherwise. Truly, He loves us so much. Go listen (can you tell I'm on a music kick) to "He loves us" by David Crowder if you just want to be washed in some Song of Solomon love of you from God! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you, Tammy! I saw you at the twitter party, but didn't have a chance to chat before the prompt went live :). I agree--kids these days are filled with questions and longing for direction. May we, too, be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we can lead them to funnel their energy into spreading the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita,
      thank you. :) I've been enjoying your posts weekly.
      ~Tammy

      Delete
  3. Tammy, so much fun to meet you and get to know you on your intro video this week. I am stopping by from the linkup where I am #15. Your post makes me smile. I had a mashup of rise songs in my head when I heard the prompt. I don't think I've ever heard that VBS song before. And as you and your husband raise your girls, I think of Deuteronomy 6:4-9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tara!
      I'm so glad you're telling me where to find you. It's so very helpful. I promise to visit and comment there as well!
      ~Tammy

      Delete
  4. Love that you put music into your post! I have only done that a few times, but I LOVE IT! I'm listening now as I comment. I enjoyed your video, and I thought of the "rise on wings like Eagles" praise song from my youth group days when I read the post but wrote on just rising as a mom. <3 jenn #30 on FMF! :) Great idea for people to include that detail of what # they are on the link up! #goodVideoOfYou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      I was born to make music. :) SO glad you're enjoying it too. Glad we connected through the snail mail party. I'm getting your posts regularly.
      ~Tammy

      Delete
  5. Tammy, I just listened to your interview! Enjoyed! I am #68 in the linkup and your post? Fabulous. The Warrior Generation - oh I love that. I have a 12 yr old grandson and an 18 yr old granddaughter and THEY ARE WARRIORS. Yes, Lord. Not sure what a 64 yr old grandma would be but I do consider myself a prayer warrior!!! LOL. So good to meet you today! Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      thank you very much. You are a mighty woman of God when you pray. Don't ever discount your worth in God's kingdom! :) So thankful for the legacy you are passing on to that generation. We need you!
      (and thanks for sharing where you're at in the linkup)
      ~Tammy

      Delete
  6. Beautiful post, Tammy. I loved your interview this week. :) And I'm praying that God's fire is what fuels my boys' lives as they head into the teen years (yes, I'm trying not to bite my nails . . . too much). I love your perspective and your words of exhortation. :)

    Visiting you from FMF. I'm number #18. :)

    PS—I'm not sure why, but I had trouble posting with my Wordpress ID on your blog. I hope you don't have a ton of attempts from me show up somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, Wordpress doesn't like me either when I'm trying to comment on peoples' blogs. Bleh! Someday I'll figure it all out but I've learned to copy and paste before I click "submit" after many frustrated attempts.
      Thanks for telling me where to find you, I'm on my way over! :D
      ~Tammy
      And I love that you're using exhortation. That word is not used often enough!

      Delete
  7. How beautiful! I love the song choice, and I definitely agree with this generation being stubborn. But I keep trying to change my perspective and see them as strong leaders. Thanks for the reminder and your beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, thank you. Oh isn't it a different world than the one we remember?! These ones are entrusted to us, and God intentionally paired us. He uses us to shape them, and them to shape us. We are rather resistant to being shaped by our children, but it's part of His design. :)
      I'm walking this and will be walking in this for a long time, I think. So glad we are journeying together!
      Thanks for your encouragement.
      ~Tammy

      Delete
  8. Tammy....I agree with your view of motherhood and the future of your children. I love that you recognize you are raising young warriors for Christ! I love that you value the Word of God and the value of memorization.
    You have encouraged my heart with hope for the future. Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      thank you for your encouragement as well! :) Truly, we support each other and I appreciate your love. This community of Five Minute Friday sisters is wonderful!!
      Let us always embrace hope for the future!
      ~Tammy

      Delete