Friday, May 8, 2015

Meet: Five Minute Friday

This week's Five Minute Friday prompt is the word "Meet".

Go.

Immediately, a song from my late 90s/early 2000s CD collection came to mind.

A band named Ten Shekel Shirt had a  song called "Meet With Me."

"I'm here to meet with you
come and meet with me
I'm here to find you
reveal yourself to me

As I wait, you make me strong
As I long, draw me to your arms
As I stand and sing your praise
You come, you come and you fill this place
Won't you come, Won't you come and fill this place"



This week was the National Day of Prayer. And? A true miracle for me. A month ago, I had a vision of our entire school joined hand in hand, surrounding the school and praying together. The privilege of all my girls at a private school where prayer is allowed has not been lost on me. Still, to take time in May and stop the entire school day for an all-school assembling of students to pray was a vision that became a reality!


What a joy and yet a humbling moment to hear the sincere prayers of 2nd and 6th graders (pre3 through 12th grade at our school) in the hallway where I stood. And? The simultaneous prayers of all students of all ages was the most amazing part. We were there to meet with God, and "wherever two or three are gathered, I am there."

This will not be the last time we all gather to pray, but it was a first and it was a God-sized dream. He will meet the desires of your heart. When you search for Him you will find Him.

Is God waiting to meet with you too? Will you give Him the joy of your time and attention??

~Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment