Thursday, January 18, 2018

Intentional: Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday happens every week. We get a prompt Thursday night and go to our keys, sharing our words for five straight minutes and then we stop. We then share our meager fishes and loaves to edify and encourage and build community.

Tonight's word is intentional.
I don't even know what to write.
So, poetry for five minutes, unfettered.
Here we go:

Trembling
Quivering
Holding it back
Holding it in
Unwavering hope
Unyielding faith
And yet, pain.
Emptiness.
Loneliness.
Where are you?!
I know you're here.
I feel nothing.
I want everything.
I want you.
What are my intentions?
I am fully yours.
Wholly yours.
I want only your fulfilling love.
I am intentional.
I am waiting here for you,
and yet,
I cannot wait.
I cannot stand still
I cannot stand the silence.
Deafening
Rushing
Washing over me
Tumbling me like Ocean waves
Crashing
Overwhelming
Exhausted,
Panting from all my trying.
I struggle to keep my head up
as I bow down
What am I that you would love me?
What do you see that would stop the God of the Universe?
And yet, I am beautiful and wonderfully made.
The curve of my chin,
the sparkle in my eyes,
the crinkles at the edges of my mouth when I smile,
this stops you and you say it is very good.
Oh my God, I cry out to you!
Will you let me feel you tonight?
Will you draw me into your tangible presence?
I am needing you to be intentional.
Stop me.
Hold me.
Don't let me flutter around like a restless bird.
Still me
Quiet me
Let us be, just you and me, sitting here and let us breathe.
In.
Out.
You.
Me.
Forever.


~Tammy
We had an unusual sunspot rainbow that mirrored the other night, and I was fortunate enough to capture it with my cellphone while spending time outdoors with my girls. We took a walk and ate ice cream and enjoyed the rainbows.

22 comments:

  1. Love this poem. And that photo....God sure knows how to show off. I'm your neighbor this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara.
      I appreciate you so much! :) I will swing by in the morning. You are a great neighbor to have!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. "Don't let me flutter around like a restless bird..."

    Wow. In an outstanding poem, that line just stops you in your tracks. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew,
      I am humbled by your compliments. Thank you for taking time to read and then to comment!
      Praying for you.
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  3. Tammy, such a beautiful poem! It conveys such a hunger for intimacy with our Father. :) I love your transparency, your words, the way you know He sees you. Your need (all of ours!) for God to be intentional with you, with each of us.

    So beautiful, my friend!

    Oh, and I'm with Andrew. That line Stopped Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne,
      truly, I thank you. It has been a very up and down month as I've tried to go back to life as usual. Nothing is ever the same, but God is also doing so much inside of each of us that we're not aware of.
      Thank you for your beautiful encouragement!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  4. Love this Tammy. Felt like you wrote the words for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      after spending time with you in person, I know that it's because we're connected at the heart. We share an umbilical cord. :) Outgoing introverts that need people and quiet space alike, we are hybrids.
      Thank you for your encouragement.
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  5. GAH!!!! Just all the Yes and Amens and Me, too's here, my friend! So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karrilee,
      I am so thankful for our connection. Thank you! I guess God knew I needed the affirmation and gave me some extra help with this one. Big hugs!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  6. You are pebble in my path.
    A neighbor explained that phrase to me today as when God surprises her with something. Your words are a pebble in my path today. Heart felt. Thank you. I feel the intentional prayer like this in my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      What a blessing you are in return. Thank you for taking the time to share this with me!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  7. Tammy, I loved this! I sort of stopped breathing as I read your poem! The words rushed in and touched my soul! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      Thank you. I am sure you know how much this means to me. We hope our writing will touch others, and I am grateful that you shared your experience with me! I am not sure I was breathing when I wrote it-it just all came pouring out.
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  8. This is good stuff, Tammy. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. That’s a month of contemplation boiled into five minutes. I hope to write more often. I appreciate your presence here!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  9. Tammy your poem is so stirring. There is a beautiful urgency in your words. You reflected a lot of the feelings in my heart. How do you do it?

    Visiting from the depths of FMF (88) Blessed by you! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      You bless me with your response. Thank you for taking the time to share with me!
      I hope to come by and read yours as well!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  10. I love how your writing turned to humble reverence and worship!

    Lovely thoughts! Thank you for sharing-

    -Traci www.tracimichele.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traci,
      oh how sorry I am that I didn't see your comment. I have been absent from Five Minute Friday for about three months. Thank you for your kind words!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  11. A beautiful poem and a stunning photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita,
      thank you my friend. I apologize for not replying in January. I missed these last two comments and just haven't been taking time to participate in Five Minute Friday.
      You are a joy and a blessing to me!
      I have SO enjoyed your photos on Instagram.
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete