Saturday, October 14, 2017

Invite: Five Minute Friday

I participate in "Five Minute Friday" as often as I can. Weekly, at fiveminutefriday.com we have a one-word prompt that we free-write on for only five minutes. No edits, no fanfare, just our sweet offerings in a community of gifted writers that pour out encouragement and "me too".


I was so excited to write this week and had hoped that I could incorporate the prompt into my words.
The prompt is "invite" and it fits so perfectly!!

How often are we rushing through our lives? We are trying to maximize our time and be efficient, and we don't slow down for anything. We tell our kids to "hurry up" more than we tell them "I love you".

Ouch.

Recently, I was going to be at an appointment that I knew would take longer than I wanted it to take. I was trying to prepare my heart to have a good attitude, when God softly whispered to me.

"What if I want to bless you? Would you be willing to linger? Would you soak and savor in that blessing from me?"

My attitude was completely changed! All of a sudden I was looking at this with brand new eyes.
God was inviting me to a chance to be blessed.
I couldn't wait!

And I thought, what if I were looking for His blessing in every situation? Especially the difficult ones? Would I find it there, hidden from plain sight but obvious to one searching?

Last night, I was one of the lucky people in our small Oregon town to attend a Cloverton concert.
Their new album, "Bloom" is full of meaningful lyrics and each song was either filling my heart, or speaking to me where I was at. Lance, the lead singer, took time in the concert to be intentional and speak to us in the audience about what God is trying to do for us. Their music ministry is by far the largest blessing I've ever received at a concert.
I came expecting to be entertained, but I left with my heart refreshed and my soul restored.
Truly, if you are anywhere near their tour, I cannot tell you enough what God is doing right now through them! They have a young lady opening for them named "Linsley" who is gifted, sweet, and even told me she'd be praying for our worship conference next week.

How often do you meet a touring group that is selfless and giving, instead of self-focused and entitled?

God is trying to bless us right now. We need only to look for the blessing. Will you take Him up on his invitation?
Linsley's Song "Give it a rest" was absolutely beautiful. Her voice is such a gift!
 
 Cloverton's new song "Here it Comes" was by far my favorite at the concert!!!

-Tammy
P.S. Thank you for your comments! I have found that even though I reply well, I don't always make it over to your blog in return, and I apologize if I don't. Know that I will make an effort to read your offering as well if you tell me your linkup number.

6 comments:

  1. "...what if I were looking for His blessing in every situation?"

    That's a fantastic question, one that I need to start asking myself. Lord, grant us eyes to see You in every moment! - Marie (mlsgregg.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie,
      isn't it? And only He can give us fantastic questions such as these. I pray that it brings you the greatest blessing just to be seeking Him in the sour moments! :)
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. Tammy, your question holds an attitude transforming perspective. To look for God's goodness in every situation would change us in every circumstance and result in Him being glorified in every circumstance, even when the circumstance remains the same! Thanks for sharing this post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The message last Sunday at our church was about the practice of slowing. This is so much a reminder of that message. Taking time to receive the blessing that God has for us (rather than rushing past and missing it entirely) is so important. Thank you for another reminder.

    I'm glad to be your FMF neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love moments like you experienced at the concert. It is in those moments there is no denying God is indeed there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I love the videos! Thank you!

    One of the things I have learned in the process of dying is that HurryUp has become meaningless. I can only move as fast as I can, and trying to push will put me on the floor, unconscious.

    And I now have time to smell the roses. Well, no roses here, but I can smell the cow manure on the open range that surrounds our house.

    It's not a bad smell.

    ReplyDelete