Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ten: Five Minute Friday

Another week, another chance to write on a one-word prompt for only five minutes. We set timers, type quickly, and let it flow without criticism. Then, we link-up our posts so we can read others' posts and they read ours and we have a community that grows from one word each week.
Five Minute Friday.

Go!

So tonight I was musing in my kitchen as I prepared dinner. And the prompt paired with my muse.
"He Gave You Ten" was the proposed title.
Reading the parable of the servants given the one, five and ten talents, I always saw myself as the five talent servant. There was no question in my mind. I'd strive NOT to be that one talent servant who buried their talent and didn't get anything for the master and had a lecture. I'm anti-punishment. Please the authority and get a gold star!
But, I always doubted myself and saw my lack of skill in areas. I saw where I could improve, and have always seen myself as a five. Tonight, God revealed to me that many of us are Tens, but we think we are Fives.
The enemy will do what He can to keep us there. (Or even discourage us so we give up and become a one.)

God made you a Ten. Not by your own means, but by putting your talents in His hands—for His kingdom and His glory. Then you will bring all of those back to Him and gain a greater reward!
True joy is found when we are delighting ourselves in the Lord. Then the desires of our hearts are in line with what He desires for His kingdom and it's an all-around win!

If tonight you have been feeling "less than", remember, "Greater is the one living inside of me, than He who is living in the world."
And with that, I'll leave you with a song of that title from Mercy Me.
A Lyric Video, so that you can see the truth and the truth can set you free. "There will be no condemnation here."
God made you perfect for His use, not perfect on your own. In His service, you are a Perfect Ten!


~Tammy

22 comments:

  1. You are a perfect ten friend!! And thanks for the reminder that I am too! Parked over in the #10 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara.
      Your post was so much fun to read. There is something about gathering in such a large group. Thank you for sharing it! You are a perfect ten for sure!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  2. I love that parable. Thank you for your honesty! I think many of us value ourselves as fives, but it can be difficult to admit it. Many blessings on your weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan,
      thank you for coming over to visit. I'm so glad you're trying out the Five Minute Friday. It has become a weekly event that I greatly anticipate.
      I've developed some friendships and we will look for each other's posts weekly. One of my friends even calls me out on Twitter if she doesn't see it by Friday morning (as I often do it Thursday night. West Coast perks!)
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  3. I stayed up until I saw your FMF post, Tammy, and it was worth it. Love the song, too...being bludgeoned a bit, here, so I will just say...thank you, my friend. I am #8 today.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/07/your-dying-spouse-33-last-battle-five.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, losing focus...being bludgeoned meant I'm in quite a bit of pain, and two large dogs are holding me upright. Wish I had a picture to post.

      Delete
    2. Andrew,
      oh you move me every time. I'm so glad you loved the song. It brought me much comfort this year. God is taking me on a journey of Joy and Grace this year. A lot of untruths to unlearn and a lot of truths to learn.
      You have been a part of that and I want to be sure you know.
      You are definitely a perfect 10. Oh and I'm so sorry you don't have a picture of you and the pups. They are such good companions. Know that I prayed for you as soon as I read this and read your post. And that I'm praying today too.
      Love,
      Tammy
      P.S. You're going to have to pray for me when you finally do get your glorious endex and I don't get to see your comment here that week. And when I look for your post, and your earthly voice no longer speaks, because you're singing at the top of your new lungs in your new body.
      Pray for me then. Until then, I pray for you and Barb. I will still pray for her then. Probably even a little more.

      Delete
  4. So encouraging! Glad I stopped by from the fmf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie,
      thank you. I found such hope and joy in yours as well.
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Denise,
      gladly. Amen Amen Amen! :D
      So thankful He's showing you how beautiful you are-and not just to Him!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  6. Tammy, what great thoughts! I, like you, have always seen myself as a five-talent servant. I need to remember that God has given me all I need to be a ten-talent servant doing what He's designed me to do. No half-way, all the way for Him.

    Thanks for this exhortation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne,
      there is a part of us that I think is exactly the same. The more I see of it, the more I love our friendship! :)
      You are such a Ten. Talented, beautiful, gracious, and you want to use it to please Him and for His glory. (and He's working it out to completion...because it's not just us)
      Oh I love that you're back! I missed you!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
    2. Awww, thanks so much for your kind words. I'm so, so glad we connected through FMF. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh good grief - we went the exact same place with TEN! WE ARE TEN'S. Yes, Lord. #51 FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      Of course we did. #nocheating Ha ha ha. When God's Spirit is leading, He may say something TEN different ways in the attempt to communicate the very same thing to very different ears.
      I was seriously composing the post in my kitchen while preparing dinner and didn't see the prompt for two more hours. I dropped my jaw when I saw it was "ten". I mean-how can it be anything but Him?
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Amy,
      so glad I could bless you this way. Truly, God was telling me this for myself at dinner time and two hours later after a bike ride, I returned to find out the prompt was "ten" and I had just been dwelling on God making us a Ten talent servant.
      I'm probably the only one who was excited about that prompt this week, tee hee!
      Love,
      Tammy
      P.S. I loved all your scriptures!

      Delete
  9. What a great post... and oh don't we all need this reminder from time tom time? Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karrilee, thanks so much! :)
      I really enjoyed your post as well. Today is definitely a gift!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete
  10. I've always thought of myself as the unnamed 1.5er. Not dumb enough to bury everything, but not good enough to be given too much. Huh. I'm not sure I've ever realized that I looked at it that way.

    You're right - We're all "tens" because of God. We have so much to spend, to pour out, for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sweet Marie!
      You are definitely not a 1.5. You are so talented and gifted and devoted to His service. You are worth far more than rubies! :)
      I'm glad you could read this and know how He sees you!
      Love,
      Tammy

      Delete